1. Replace the batteries with Alkaline batteries. (Three AA batteries for the Timer and Wand, three AAA for the Photocell, and one 9 Volt for the IRE). Use only Alkaline batteries, the system will not work correctly with dry cell.
2. Make sure that all of antennas are propertly attached to the units.
3. Check the power level on the Timer. If it is set to a lower power level, set it to a higher level. The high power settings are "ALL" and "DH". The low power setting is "SL".
4. Make sure that the Timer is at least 25 feet (8 meters) away from the Wand. If the Timer is to close to the Wand it will be over powered and miss the signal.
5. Keep two-way radios as far away from the Timer as possible. Try not to "talk over" the Wand (talking on the radio just after a skier is going throuth the Wand stick).
6. If problem continues the system will have to be returned for repair.